God is always moving in God’s world. Our job as Christians is to learn to see what God is up to and get on board with that. That’s what we call mission. Below are some of the places we see God working, and ways you can get on board, too.
Fall 2022 Projects
Questions? Contact Cassie Woestman
For the December Food Giveaway
We are collecting:
- Canned cranberries
- Canned green beans
- Canned yams
Please bring your donations to the church by Tuesday, December 20th. You can put them on the shelves in the narthex closet, or in the CAN-estoga wagon in the office hallway.
Our dinner deliveries to Project Share continue to be well received. Thank you to all who contribute to this vital ministry. The December 6 meal is now completely covered!
The week before Christmas – December 19-23 – has been declared Soup Week! Hot and hearty homemade soup will be provided each day of the week by our friend Andrea St Amour. Some of you might know her as the mom of Eli of Eli’s Honey Bees. To accompany this generosity we are looking for help with the rest of the meal, particularly:
- Crusty bread – Make a donation for fresh crusty bread which will be purchased and delivered fresh each day by our Outreach team.
- Hot Chocolate Packets – Provide a box of hot chocolate packets, or a donation to cover the cost
- Tea Bags – Provide a box of tea bags, or a donation to cover the cost
- Apostle’s Cup Coffee – Pay for a bag of Apostle’s Cup ($15) to be delivered along with the meal
Seeking to serve others in the name of Christ.
- With the close of the Connect-by-Night program as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have begun supporting Project Share by preparing and delivering bagged lunches on a weekly basis every other month.
- We love spending time with, eating and sharing with the Darby Mission in Darby Borough. The Darby Mission runs after-school programs, and hosts a meal at the Darby Borough Recreation Center every Tuesday night. We love to participate and help out any way we can every time we can. Email us to find out how you can help.
- In collaboration with House Cup Coffee Roasters, we have developed our own coffee blend – Apostle’s Cup. All profits from coffee sales go directly to support our friends at the Darby Mission.