God is always moving in God’s world. Our job as Christians is to learn to see what God is up to and get on board with that. That’s what we call mission. Below are some of the places we see God working, and ways you can get on board, too.
Questions? Contact Cassie Woestman
Monthly Food Giveaway
We contribute to the monthly Darby Food Giveaway, which is held on the morning of the third Wednesday of each month.
You can leave your donations:
- on the Outreach shelves in the narthex closet
- in the CANestoga wagon in the office hallway
- ship them directly to the church Attn: Outreach
If you need assistance getting your donations to the church, please contact Katie in the church office to arrange transport: firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-642-6617
We provide regular meal delivery for the clients at Project Share, an Upper Darby organization providing daytime shelter and skills training for those in need.
Grilled Cheese Lunches
Our last Grilled Cheese lunch for the quarter will be on March 21
You can choose to provide all, or any part, of a lunch for any of these dates. Lunches will include:
- Grilled Cheese sandwiches
- Sweet treat
- Hot chocolate, tea & coffee
- Tea cooler (iced tea & lemonade)
- Apples or Oranges
Use our SignUpGenius page, or talk to Cassie to volunteer your services.
Special Request: Aid for Asylum Seeking Refugees
We are currently accepting warm clothing for children and adults including
sweaters, coats, boots, hats, scarves & gloves.
You can help by:
- purchasing items and dropping them off on the Outreach shelves in the narthex closet
- purchasing items and shipping them directly to the church – please remember to mark your packages “Attention: Outreach”
- making a donation to Outreach – marking “Refugees” in the memo line and it will be used to purchase specifically requested items for this project.
We will be collecting items for at least the next month, and will continue as long as busloads of folks in need are arriving. Items will be delivered to or picked up by Gladwyne Presbyterian on a regular basis to insure getting the donated items to those in need as quickly as possible. Questions? Contact Katie
Seeking to serve others in the name of Christ.
- With the close of the Connect-by-Night program as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have begun supporting Project Share by preparing and delivering bagged lunches on a weekly basis every other month.
- We love spending time with, eating and sharing with the Darby Mission in Darby Borough. The Darby Mission runs after-school programs, and hosts a meal at the Darby Borough Recreation Center every Tuesday night. We love to participate and help out any way we can every time we can. Email us to find out how you can help.
- In collaboration with House Cup Coffee Roasters, we have developed our own coffee blend – Apostle’s Cup. All profits from coffee sales go directly to support our friends at the Darby Mission.