UPDATE: November 24th
Thank you to all who have contributed to our Connect By Night gift bags so far! We are grateful to you for your generosity to those in need. We currently have all the canvas totes and ponchos needed. Personal care items, hand towels and wash cloths are still needed, as well as books, puzzles and gym equipment. __________________________________________________________________________________________________
In this year where so much has been affected and changed by COVID-19, we will be adapting our Connect by Night experience as well. While we cannot lodge guests in the church building this year, we will still be providing some meals at the facility in Upper Darby where they will be sheltering . In addition, we will be providing supplies in the form of gift bags for 25 individuals The deadline for collection is Tuesday, December 15, so that there is time to assemble the bags and fill in gaps where needed.
Items Needed – 25 of each:
- Canvas tote – the sturdy kind, preferably from area college, university or medical facility, making them long-lasting, easily identified by the recipient as their own, and a fitting replacement for plastic bag luggage.
- Poncho – here is a link to kind of item needed. You can purchase from here or anywhere you like.
- Disposable Razors
- Hand Towel
- Wash Cloth
- Small hand cream
- Tissues (box or wrapped personal size)
- Cards from Children
- Mouthwash (non-alcoholic only)
You may elect to provide all 25 of any item, or any combination of the above.
Additional items going in bags (already donated):
- Seasonal ornament
- Face masks
The following is a list of equipment Director Timmi Kilgore has requested for a gym area that is being set up at the facility. These items can be new or gently used:
Yoga matsno more of this item needed
- Yoga video
- Hula hoops
- Ankle/wrist weights (no free weights)
- Stretching bands
- Jump ropes